Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 5, 2009

What a Difference A Year Makes....

Today marks one year since Brett got sick. I remember going to dinner with some people and then going to a party down on the beach. I got bored and was tired, so I went back to our room around 9:30 PM. Brett stayed with the group and came back to the room around midnight. He told me he wasn't feeling well, but, I figured he drank too much. How wrong I was. About an hour later, he was sick as a dog. That's when our adventure began....

...And here we are today....Brett is healthy, we together are happier than we've ever been....

AND, we put an offer in on a house here in Sioux City and it was accepted this morning. We had planned on waiting until after the New Year, but, we just couldn't resist this house. It is everything we were hoping for and more. 4 bedrooms, 3 bathroom, a great yard for Bailey (with white picket fence, I might add!), lots of storage, a ton of space, the bedrooms are huge, two car garage, a great neighborhood, within walking distance to the grammar, middle and high school...I can go on and on. We would NEVER have been able to have something like this in Chicago. Never. This house is amost twice the size of our Carpentersville house and we're paying LESS for it than we did that house 3 years ago. Amazing.

We anticipate closing around November 13th or so. However, we may stay in this house for a while longer in order to do minor work to the house. (Painting and such.) It's nice to be able to stay here and get our house just as we want it before having to move. We can also take our time moving things from here to there.

So, on October 5, 2008...our world came crashing down upon us. Brett got sick, then I got sick, then we both got laid off, then neither one of us could find decent jobs, it took Brett over two months to recover. And then we decided to move here. Things improved and improved. And now it's October 5, 2009....we're set to close on a new house, we're both happy and healthy, we're set for a fantastic and amazing future, we're hopefully closing in on a baby....what could be better????

Oh, what a difference a year makes.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Brett! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you honey. Good things come to good people!

    ReplyDelete