Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stupid Car

I just spend $950 in car repairs. Granted, all were terribly necessary, but, I SO wasn't planning on spending that kind of money in such a "not fun" way.

I took my car in because the front brakes were starting to grind. I figured I'd get them in their best working order before the winter/snow. The repair guy comes into my store, so, I knew he'd do a good job for me...and not rip me off or anything. He drives my car into the garage and comes back out to say that my alignment is off. Okay, I guess we'll fix that too. Then, he comes back AGAIN to say my two front tires are nearly bald. Um, I just bought new tires last winter. Yeah, because the alignment is off, some kind of belt in the tires broke and that caused them to bald prematurely. Great.

So then he says to me....

"Is your husband at work right now?
"Yep, why?"
"How far do you have to drive?"
"About 5 miles home and 5 miles back here tomorrow."
"Well, can your husband pick you up tonight? I really don't feel it's safe for you to drive even that far with the condition your car is in right now."

Great.

So, they do all the necessary repairs and then, he calls me to tell me my front driver's side rim is bent. They tried calling all salvage yards in the area to get me a new rim, but, no one has one fits my car. I'll have to call my car dealer to see if they can get me one that fits. In the meantime, they've switched that rim from the front to the back, just to make things work.

Sigh. How annoying. So NOT how I envisioned spending almost $1000. Things could be worse, I know. My car could have died on the side of the road or something. Necessary repairs, I know. Just annoying. I'd MUCH rather have bought fun house things or something. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. what a good mechanic! doesnt sound like he was ripping you off, but def telling you what he saw, instead of ignorning it al just fixing the brakes! im happy you're safe in your car now!

    ReplyDelete