Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Fantastic DMV Experience

Let me preface by saying, I've been to the DMV three times in the past month. The first time, my driver's license expired...so I had to renew. The second time, we got our marriage certificate a week after renewing, so, I had to go BACK to change my name. And now today....

So, I'm making a copy of my DL for something and I realize...."Hey, this says I'm MALE, not FEMALE!!!" **insert joke here** I show Brett, we laugh, and I say, "Okay, off to the DMV for the THIRD time in a month".

I head over. Both times previous, my visits have been pleasant. The second trip, the woman was very curious about the wedding...people had just been very friendly. Until today.

I go to the check in counter and hand my license to the man. I say, in a comical tone, "I need my license fixed. I had my name changed less then a month ago and somehow you marked me as male." I smile and kind of chuckle. The people behind me see the joke. The man looks at me with a DISGUSTED look on his face and our conversation is as follows:

Him: "Obviously, you didn't CHECK this in the past month?" **eyeroll**
Me: "Well, no. I checked the things that changed. My LAST NAME, my weight, I wasn't really concerned that my sex had changed." (Still being rather polite, despite his rudeness.)
Him: "Obviously, you should CHECK everything over before leaving this office. Looking over your license would have avoided this trip all together."
Me: "Again SIR, had my sex changed in the past month, I'd have CHECKED to make sure this area was indicated correctly. However, I haven't noticed a change in that region in the past month, so, it wasn't really a priority to check to see that the 'Female' portion of my license had been changed to 'Male'. My last name changed, so I CHECKED that portion of my license. I really don't think I look Male, so, I don't see any reason why that box would have been changed anyway. Thank you for your concern, and may I have my number please?"

Seriously, how rude of him. Should I have checked to make sure everything was correct? Probably. Honestly, I noticed the weight right next to the "Male" word, but, glanced right over the error. He was so rude, I was ready to jump across the desk at him.

I proceed on to the woman who actually changed my license and she saw the same humor in it that I'd originally seen. She corrected my license at no charge. So THERE, mean, nasty old man.

1 comment:

  1. jerkface! and im glad you didnt have to pay for their error!....it is kinda funny though, how did that end up getting changed?? it woulda been funnier if you had gotten pulled over or smoething and the COP saw it hahaha

    ReplyDelete