Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, September 26, 2010

20 WEEKS!!!!!!



I'll spare you the Bon Jovi lyrics. But, we're to the halfway point! I cannot believe I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Sometimes I still can't believe I'm even pregnant at all. I'm just in awe.

This week was a bit difficult. All of the emotional stuff with my Dad, and then the very next night, I wound up in the ER/Labor and Delivery. I've been having Round Ligament Pain for the majority of this pregnancy. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's just "there". Tuesday night I got home from work and was uncomfortable. I woke up Wednesday and was still really uncomfortable. It hurt to move. It wasn't excruciating, but, all I could really do was lie around all day. Then that night, things started to get worse. By 10 PM, I was in PAIN. By midnight, the pain in my abdomen was coming in waves. I finally got smart and grabbed a stop watch, just to see if there was any consistancy to the pain waves. There was. A minute and fifteen seconds of pain, a minute and forty five seconds of no/less pain. Then it'd start all over again. By 1 AM, I called the doctor's office and the nurse said that I should head the the ER immediately because it sounded like I was having contractions. By 2 AM, I was being taken from ER to Labor and Delivery, just in case.

I was hooked up the the contraction machine and lo and behold, not a single contraction. Thank GOD. It was simply severe round ligament pain. They kept me hooked up for about an hour and a half, just to make sure, made sure I drank some water, did a urine analysis to make sure it wasn't a bladder infection or something...and sent me home. I know I shouldn't have waited to long to go to the ER, but, I just felt like it was RPL until those waves of pain started.

The nurse said that despite my pain, Miss Lias is doing very, very well. She was very impressed with her heartbeat, as well as how much she moves around. Yet again, she was running away from the doppler every chance she got. The nurse says that for being 19 weeks and 5 days (6 days at this point?), she's REALLY strong and active. Yay Miss Lias!

Anyway, I stayed home from work on Thursday and was still in a lot of pain. Friday I went back for a full day and could barely walk by the time I got home. Saturday was better and today, I've felt not a single bit of pain. YAY! I'm sure it will come back, but, at least I know it was something common and not serious. As long as I know that, I'll push through the pain.

And now, the stats....

How far along? 20 Weeks!!!! (Picture taken at 20 weeks, 1 day)
Weight gain/loss: 8 pounds gained as of last week.
Maternity clothes? No question.
Stretch marks? The beginning of light ones on my boobs.
Sleep? Not at all good this week. Between the RPL and just getting bigger in general, I haven't been sleeping well. Brett seems to have permanently relocated to the couch, he says I hog the bed.
Best moment this week? Despite the crazy stuff, this has been a FANTASTIC week! We found out Baby Lias is a girl and I hit the halfway point of this pregnancy. It was also wonderful to hear her heartbeat in the hospital....knowing everything was okay.
Food cravings: None.
Gender: We're having a little girl! I knew it all along.
Belly button in or out? Shallower, but still in.
Movement? She's been moving a LOT. I think I felt a swift kick the other day as well.
What I Miss: Honestly? Nothing.
What I'm looking forward to: The invitations for my shower in Chicago arrived to most people this weekend. I'm SO looking forward to that and seeing everyone.
Milestones: Less than 20 weeks (hopefully!) until we meet our little girl!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 1/2 way point! Ms. L will be here before you know it! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary. I'm so glad you and baby girl are okay. The weeks are flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that it was only RLP!!! Umm and HELLOOOOOOO Halfway there is amazing!!!!! Congrats. I can't wait to see your little girl's beautiful face!

    Mandee

    ReplyDelete