Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Guess What?

I'm not 100% sure and I'm kind of nervous to say this, in case it's not true. But, we may possibly be able to find out Buddha's sex on Monday.

I was all set for the 4D U/S on the 12th. But today, I went to the dr's office to pick up a form that I forgot on Tuesday. I was also there to tell them that the "anatomy screening" they offer IS covered by my insurance.

So, I tell the receptionist and she asks when I have the screening scheduled for. I tell her I thought it would be done with the 4D. She said, "No, that's typically done between 18 and 22 weeks". She asks how far along I am, I tell her and she says she thinks I should schedule the screen ASAP. Okay, fine. We have it scheduled for this coming Monday. So then I ask her if they can tell the sex at this screening. She says she doesn't know if they check for that.

But, it's an U/S that's well within the time frame. I can't imagine why the U/S tech wouldn't tell us if we ask. (If she can see the goods, that is.)

And I'm REALLY excited that we'll be getting the normal scan that everyone else gets, to make sure all of the organs are okay and everything. I didn't think I was going to get this. Obviously, this is the most important part of the scan. I think I just live in the world of, "Everything's fine. No worries." So I don't worry about something else being wrong. Right now, in my eyes, the only unknown is if this baby is a boy or a girl.

So yeah. Anatomy screen on Monday afternoon. Dare I say we'll know the sex in less than a week???? I wish the doctor's office wasn't being so coy about finding out the sex. I feel like I can't get entirely excited because I don't know if it's actually going to happen.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! But, the doctor's office wasn't originally going to give you an anatomy scan at all? Was that because of your insurance or is that your doctor's normal protocol?

    Anyways, I find out next week too! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At this point, I'm not sure. I distinctly remember my doctor saying I needed to make sure my insurance covered the anatomy scan. If it wasn't covered, we would have paid OOP, I'm sure. But, really, I was never told by my doctor (even though I know on my own) that an anatomy scan is best done at 18 - 22 weeks. I'm not sure if there was intention to do it in this time frame or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is hoping you find out if little Buddah will be wearing pink or blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I hope you get to find out the sex and little Buddha is doing great!
    PINK! PINK! PINK! :D

    ReplyDelete