Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Best Mail Day EVER

Today when I came home for lunch, I was followed into the driveway by the UPS man. My good friends and I are all doing a Secret Santa typed exchange, so I thought this was my gift. (The exchange theme was/is "something your city/state is famous for".)

Nope. It was CHICAGO FOOD!!!! Chicago Hot Dogs shipped directly from Portillo's, from my Dad, sister and her family. Oh my gosh. So good. Not only were there hot dogs, but, all of the fixin's as well. Poppy seed buns, sport peppers, celery salt, pickles, onions, mustard, bright green relish and NO KETCHUP!!! (As a true Chicago hot dog is served.) I was so excited about my mail.

THEN, I got home after work and in my mailbox was a box addressed to me. Not ONLY was it the gift from my Secret "Santa", it included a doppler, to hear the baby's heartbeat!!!

My dear friend Kimberly lent me her doppler and she was also my exchange buddy. How funny is that??? So not only did I get the doppler, but, I got wild rice, some recipes for the wild rice, some chocolate and peanut clusters AND the companion book to Baby's first story book...."Goodnight Minnesota". My Aunt sent us "Goodnight Chicago" a few months ago, before she even knew I was pregnant. How cool is that????

Seriously, best mail day ever.

AND we listened to Baby's heartbeat tonight. Such a beautiful sound. Lately I've been feeling "something" in my abdomen, on my left side. When I try to lift my leg (say to tie my shoe) or bend towards the left, it hurts. It simply feels like something's in there (obviously!). I figured it was the baby, but who knows these days. Well, we found the heartbeat right where I can feel the "something". So yay! I think the baby was sleeping or something as we were listening, because the beat was pretty slow. Not dangerously slow, just slower than it has been. Sleep away little baby, as long as I can continue to hear your heartbeat, I'm ecstatic.

3 comments:

  1. So JEALOUS! I want a doppler! You lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treat that must've been. Yum!
    And yay for listening to the heartbeats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely a wonderful mail day!!

    ReplyDelete