Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Latest Doctor's Appointment

Today we saw my regular OB/GYN, Dr. Jones. Both Brett and I just love her. She's pregnant with her own baby, due in November. We saw hew 8 weeks ago and you could just barely tell she was pregnant. This time though, there was no questioning it. Congrats to her!

First thing, the nurse tried to tell me I gained 12 pounds this month. Luckily, I'd weighed myself this morning, she I had her check again. As I'm standing on the scale, looking at the numbers, she's still telling me I'd gained 12 pounds. I finally said, "How does 7 turn into 12?", and pointed out the numbers. We both laughed as she realized she was doing her math incorrectly. So, officially, I gained 7 pounds. My scale said 5 pounds this morning, with an empty bladder, minimal clothing and no food in my body yet. A little more than I wanted and thought I'd gained, but, no one was unhappy with that. So, as a total, I'm up 8 pounds since seeing the doctor for the first time.

Then Dr. Jones came in and we discussed a few things I'd had concerns with, including my blood pressure (which was a very normal 120/70 this time.) We talked about the pains I've been having in my lower abdomen and she confirmed it's Round Ligament Pain. Said she's amazed herself at how painful it is. She said if it gets any worse, she will prescribe a heavy duty support contraption for me to wear. She says she never leaves the house without it. Apparently, it's like a suit of armour, but, it works wonders.

Then she checked for Buddha's heartbeat. A strong 149. Just as my previous blog post mentioned, Buddha was moving ALL OVER THE PLACE. Dr. Jones even laughed out loud at how he/she was running away from the doppler. Just as we'd begin to hear it, Buddha would move and she'd have to locate the heartbeat in a totally different place. She confirmed the feelings I've been having are Buddha moving, not gas. YAY!!!!

And finally, we asked her about having to wait until 25 weeks for the anatomy scan. She said they like to do it at 25 weeks for pure size reasons. She said as long as we understand that the results of the sex determination aren't 100%, she would be happy to schedule our anatomy screening and 4D ultrasound at our NEXT VISIT. So, on October 12, we'll make sure everything is okay with Buddha's organs and we'll find out if he/she is a boy or a girl. I am SO EXCITED!!!! I wasn't even expecting the 4D ultrasound, I thought we'd have to wait on that. Now we'll be able to tell my family what we're having in person. YAY!!

All in all, a great visit.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! Can't wait to hear what you're having!

    We find out next week and the suspense is driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news!

    I think you're having a girl. :)

    ReplyDelete