Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another Job Offer

Before that interview with the hearing company, the only interviews I'd had were for staffing agencies. The third agency I went to, I really liked. Well, they called me today with a job offer.

It's initially a "project postion" (essentially a temp thing), but, they have 100% intention of hiring the person on as permanent if they're the right fit for the company. The staffing agency said it's no question that they want a permanent employee. In the temp position, they'll be paying even less than the job offer I accepted. But, she said the temp position could possibly only last a month or so...and then they'd be offering exactly the range I'd been hoping for all along in a permanent position salary.

It's a small company, family owned business. The caveat is being a good fit with the employees/company...which I don't THINK I'd have a problem with. They want someone to start as early as tomorrow. I told her even if it sounds right, I couldn't start TOMORROW, but, I could start Monday. (I'm just not about to up and accept a new job within 16 hours of starting - that's odd to me. Not in a bad way, just...odd.)

She asked if I'd be willing to do a "working interview" with them tomorrow. Which means I'd go in for about 4 hours just to see how I like them/they like me. I told her that would be fine. (I lied and said I had a dr. appt in the morning, which is why I couldn't start tomorrow for a full day.)

I will get benefits through the staffing agency until (if) I'm hired as a permanent employee. After that, the company offers medical benefits, PTO, life insurance, etc. And again....the benefit of making VERY close to what I was making 6 months ago. Even if it's a bit less, it's in the salary range I've wanted all along.

So, I'm going to go tomorrow. I think this would be a much better opportunity for me pay wise. I think it might be a much better situation in general. It's only about 5 minutes further than the insurance company. Which is fine with me. I would have to impress the company with my "sparkling" personality, as the agency said this is what they're basing the permanent hire upon. I don't think I'll have a problem. In general, I don't think most people would have a problem. If you're not totally stupid or a raging b*tch, I wouldn't think anyone would have a problem. We'll see though. Hmmm...maybe I am a raging b*tch. ???

Wish me luck! If this goes through, I'm actually going to be happy!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Great news Katy!! ***VIBES*** for a great first day at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy, that is great news!!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fantastic opportunity!! good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am so excited for you that things are turning up for you!!!! Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I'm sure they'll love you = )

    ReplyDelete