I just wanted to take a minute to remind everyone of the importance of identifying an "In Case of Emergency" Contact in your cell phone. This can be done by putting ICE next to the name of someone you'd like contacted in case you're unable to make a call like that yourself.
I say this because my cousin (whom I don't know very well as he is quite a bit older than me and lives in GA) was attacked in a bar parking lot last night. He left the bar at 11 PM yesterday and was found horribly beaten and unconscious (sp?) at 2 AM. He is alive and awake now, but, he has no recollection of who he is. When he was found, he had no wallet, so, there was no way the police could identify him. They did find his phone, but, had to just begin calling random phone numbers not only to notify family members...but even to find out who he is.
I have the ICE numbers in my phone and I think it's a great way to save time in case of an emergency.
And, if anyone has some spare vibes for my cousin Kevin, please pass them along. Again, I am not close with him, I barely know him, but, my family is quite upset right now. So, any recovery vibes would be appreciated. Right now he thinks it's 1988 and doesn't know anyone around him, so, things are a bit crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great PSA Katy. I always put that in my phone cause I was worried about the same thing. And actually my verizon phones now all have a special entry in the phone book for an ICE contact.
ReplyDelete~~vibes~~ for your cousin and his recovery!
OMG...that's horrible!! Sending lots of recovery :::VIBES::: to your cousin!
ReplyDeleteI used to have these programmed in my phone and for some reason I erased them. I need to put them back in.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. That's horrible. I hope he makes a full recovery. ::vibes::
Good idea about the numbers, I need to do that. I am sorry to hear about your cousin. Vibes for a speedy recovery.
ReplyDelete