Well, I had an interview Friday with that hearing place. I think it went well. They said they'd be calling for second interviews later this week. And I had an interview today with an insurance company.
The good news is...I was offered the insurance company job. I hadn't even gotten home yet when I got the call with a job offer. It's about 25 minutes from me...in no traffic. It offers medical and dental benefits. The place seems like an environment I'd be happy to work with.
The bad news is....it pays almost 1/3 less than what I was making at Citi. Which wasn't a lot in the first place. I'd be making less there than I was when I started at Citi almost 7 years ago. Serioulsy, the pay is horrible. Horrible.
I think I'm going to take the job. I feel that it'd be completely irresponsible for me to NOT take any job offer right now. Especially one that offers insurance. I just feel badly that the pay is SO little. But, when your only other option is Unemployment.....anything is better.
I think I'm struggling with it a little more as well because that other job is still out there. I don't know if I'm even being considered for a second interview yet. But, the fact that I could be, makes me feel torn. What if I take this job and the hearing place offers me something better? (Better pay, better benefits, something I'm a bit more interested in, etc...) Then do I just quit the insurance company? Brett says yes. That, being in the situation we're in, we have to do what is best for US. I agree, but, I feel badly. (Stupid Irish guilt!)
Anyway. Yay for a job offer!! I guess tomorrow, I'll accept this job. At this point, it'd be stupid not to...right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

K, if it were me I'd take the insurance job and hope that in the meantime the hearing job people call. If they do, tell them that you received another job offer, but you are really much more interested in their job.(I wouldn't tell them you accepted the other job!) Hopefully they offer you the job quickly. Chances are you wouldn't start the insurance job for a week or two, right? Maybe in the meantime the hearing job people will offer you the job and you can graciously bow out of the insurance job without too much of a ruckus! Good luck! That's a tough decision! (But I agree, ANY job is better than no job!)
ReplyDelete