Madelyn Elizabeth Has Arrived!!!

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Corn Plowing Donkey

I feel like I barely have time for anything anymore. I didn't feel this way at my old job. It's good though. Although, I'm losing track of e-mails and friends. I think the longer drive is just throwing me for a loop. Not in a bad way, but, a 40 minute drive is a lot different than the 10 minute drive I used to have.

Work is improving. I'm getting to know the people, which is good. And I'm starting to feel semi smart again, which is even better. Today, I knew what I was doing and felt confident in my performance. My supervisor Theresa pulled me aside yesterday to ask how I was doing. At first I thought I did something wrong. But, she just wanted to see how I was feeling about things. I told her my concerns and she said I'm doing very well and to just take my time and things will be fine. She said they're very happy with me.

We had a staff meeting today and it was so bizarre. Talk jokingly involved planting 4 stalks of corn outside and getting a miniature donkey to plow the "corn field". Brian, the owner of the company, said, "Katy, as the newest member of the Kernel Season's team, you will have the honor of naming the donkey. Please be prepared to reveal the donkey's name at next week's meeting. We expect great things from you." Hahahaha. So strange. In a good way.

And I like that!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm so happy to hear that everything is working out for you Katy. You're such an amazing person and I'm really glad that you found a job that makes you happy = )

    ReplyDelete